Location: Spring House, Pennsylvania
Req ID: 2005871138W
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Biochemistry/High-Throughput Mass Spectrometry located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The new Discovery Technologies & Molecular Pharmacology (DTMP) team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D, and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, molecular and cellular pharmacology, and screening technologies combined with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as a Scientist in the Biochemistry platforms group located in Spring House, PA.
The candidate will contribute to mass spectrometry-based screening strategy, including affinity selection, HTMS functional screening, as well as intact LC-MS, for identification and characterization small-molecule modulators to support hit to lead programs from multiple therapeutic areas. With minimal supervision, the candidate will be responsible for development of MS-based assays, screen execution, data analysis, and presenting data to the team. In addition, the candidate will be expected to collaborate with assay scientists on development of biochemical HTS assays, perform direct binding and MOA studies on validated hits, work with senior members to evaluate and implement new capabilities at DTMP.
- Master's degree with at least 6 or more years of industry experience in biochemistry, biophysics, pharmacology or related field is required
- PhD with relevant drug development experience in an academic or industry setting is required.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry (LC/MSn, RapidFire MS or MALDI) and its application to early, target-based drug discovery is required.
- Breadth of experience in biochemistry activities in drug discovery including affinity-based mass spectrometry, high-throughput biochemical assay development, characterization of drug mechanism-of-action and analysis of SAR is required
- Experience in use of Chemstation, Xcalibur, Spotfire, and GraphPad Prism is preferred.
- Experience in scientific programming (Python) is preferred.
- Expertise in one or more of the following therapeutic areas: Oncology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular, and Infectious Diseases is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and teamworking skills is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Organization: Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Job Function: R&D
Requisition ID: 2005871138W
How Candidates Apply
Internal: Johnson & Johnson Employees, Go to the J&J Career Hub at https://careerhub.jnj.com/internal/jobs
External: non J&J employees, please apply online at http://careers.jnj.com/. Use the Direct URL, Use Search for job field, requisition # or the title into the search